My blog is a way for me to share in the wonder of each day. I know there are others like me that due to medical issues have our days numbered and would like to make the most of them in a positive and gifting way for ourselves and for those around us.



Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Catch up and join the Holiday race

I've been neglecting my blogger friends so decided it was about time to get off, oh no, I mean on my duff and write.

My hunter came back home last week safe and sound and nary a rack in sight. Of course he didn't have a license this year since he didn't get lucky in the state draw, but never the less he did see some deer. My dad did get a buck after all, so at least someone will have some good eatin meat on their table. Maybe we'll be more lucky next year.

Halloween candy still permeates my house and in fact I'm munching on some of those sour little things I love right now. I sure don't need them, but since they're sitting right here by my computer...(don't know how that happened), I might as well enjoy them until I'm all puckered up. Maybe then I'll go find my hunting hubby and see if he can pucker too!

I thought it would slow down once the weather cooled but not so. Between trips to Denver for my son's chemo treatments, my own doctor appointments, hunting season on top of Halloween and playing with the grandkids then of course walking Myrtle at the park, I've been pretty busy. That's not counting taking my car in for a new starter and then for a door replacement after a lady backed into it, and writting some more for my book.

I have also been creating some word puzzles for all my grandkids and young neices and nephews for Christmas. Then there's cooking for my love, and trying not to over do myself to boot. I haven't done any painting since last spring, but I plan to start that again too. It's hard to keep balance in my life but that's how I've always thrived in the past. I don't let things keep me down any longer than I can help it and I can't help but look for more to do than I can actually do.

Even as I am writing this, I'm still not doing enough. See how Myrtle looks so dejected?

That's because she brought me her ball to play a few minutes ago and I told her I would play with her later. Now doesn't that sound just like all us mother's and father's when our little one's come along and want to play?

You will be happy to know that I took a break to play with Myrtle just now so she knows that even she is important enough for me to put what I'm doing down and spend a little time with just her.

I guess that can be my main point tonight. It's not how much we do or accomplish, it's who we spend our time with and how we do it. Do we rush our time with our loved ones or do it with half our attention? Are we invested in our relationships with other people and especially our children enough to pull away from our own hustle and bustle to really see them and hear them and hug them, and play with them? That can go for our husbands and wives just as much.

As the holiday season get's going, how are you going to be sure you have enough time to spend with those you love most? I know I will definitely have to cut out some of the busyness and even fun projects that can run my life if I let it.

Since I have been so ill, and even before things got really bad, I had to learn how to say no to things. Things someone else asked me to do or things I put on myself when I did what comes naturally to me, and that's to over schedule my time and energy.

I am hoping for a peaceful holiday season sprinkled with enough energy to have fun with those I love. I wish the same for you!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

It's nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you have been keeping busy - your so right about spending time with your loved ones. I catch myself telling the grand kiddos "in a little while" when I should just stop the work and have fun with them. Thanks for the reminder. Take care, hope all is well with David.

Brenda said...

Hi Reva,
Aw, Myrtle looks so dejected. She's the funniest and funnest puppy I've ever met.
Maybe Dad will share a little venison with you!
Glad Rick had a great time.
Love ya,
Big, little sis, Brenda

Cruise Mom said...

You always seem to be blogging about whatever it is I need to hear! Here's to a peaceful, calm and family first holiday season.

Jess said...

Myrtle needs attention to Maw...lol

They are like kids themselves aren't they! But we love them so much!

Great update... Hope you have a great end of the week

Love,jess

Putz said...

l saw mooooooomy kissin santa clus under neath the christamas tree last nigh...it wasn't really right, beause she is so light

Sam said...

Hi Reva,

Great to see a post from you!

A buck?? Wowie! That's serious. Can you believe I've never eaten deer meat?

Myrtle looks so sweet. What an expressive face!

Have a great weekend!