My sister shared with me this cute award. Thank you! To claim my fabulous prize of four cyber coffee cups full of mysterious liquid, (I'm hoping mine is hotchocolate)I must answer the following questions and provide links to my unsuspecting victims:
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? No. I did keep in touch with 2 for years, but I haven't been in contact for years now. I would like to again sometime though. I have a few really special ones that I've known for 20+ years now.
2. What do you value most about your friends? Being able to share good and bad experiences and feelings and knowing we will still be loved and accepted. A good ear is a special gift.
3. Are your friends your sounding boards? Many times, especially when all of our kids were still at home.
4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? Phone talk and getting out to eat a bite and just see each other. A good old ice cream sundae or bananasplit tops it off.
Since there are 4 cups of liquid, I'm keeping one for myself and passing the others along to....
1. My Daugher, Amber
2. My New blogging Mr. Friend, Putz
3. Positive thinking friend, MeMe Lorie's
who talked about coffee on her blog this week.
I am also updating on my son David's situation. I went to Denver to visit him in the hospital on Thursday as he underwent his 4th round of biochemo therapy for his stage four melanoma. Since, after the first two rounds, his body responded well to the chemo and the cancer was greatly reduced and in fact gone from his lung, the doctor's have had positive hope that this will actually beat the cancer. We won't know for a few more weeks yet, after they do another PET scan to see if it is all gone. I sure hope so. They usually never do more than four rounds since it is so hard on a person's body, but if there is a need and it will finish off any little bit left, the doctor could opt to do a 5th and final round. My prayer is that this 4th one will do the trick and it will all be over for David so he can get on with his young 18 year old life.
Thank you all who have kept him and our family in your prayers because I know it has helped. I will update again after the PET scan report is in. Thanks again!
Well, I'll be checking out my blogging friends sites and keeping in touch soon. Enjoy your Day because it is a gift to you and you are a gift to those who love you!