My blog is a way for me to share in the wonder of each day. I know there are others like me that due to medical issues have our days numbered and would like to make the most of them in a positive and gifting way for ourselves and for those around us.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Myrtle wasn't Impressed

Well, today was a perfect day, almost. Fortunately the almost came first. Remember all those cute little flowers I've been planting and tenderly tucking in at night during our late freezes? They all came through the frosts pretty good but... then came Myrtle. Remember our 'cute' or 'ugly' (depending on your point of view) bull dog? Well, she started her morning in full freight train energy and speed and proceeded to dig up and chew to pieces at least half of my beutiful tulip bulbs complete with shredded flowers. Oh..what a naughty doggy she was. You can imagine my joy at the sight that I beheld. Well, we took her with us anyway and went down to Brush Hollow near Penrose and hopped in Ricks new (I'll explain 'new' in a minute) fishing boat. I tried to contrive a fishing life vest for Myrtle but she wasn't too impressed. She was a great fishing buddy all day though, and took in all the goings on. I kept a tight leash of course so she didn't try to go fishing by herself. I did catch two baby catfish about 8 inches long but I threw them back. Otherwise we just got bites.

Myrtles first boat ride

You don't expect me to eat that thing do you?

Back to the 'new' boat. It is a fishing boat made from scrap aluminum from world war two. The boat is almost fifty years old as it is. Aluminum boats are light and easy to manuver though and Rick's little trolling motor was so quiet I didn't even hear it. We had a wonderful time trolling along and letting the currents gently move us along. (I'm still feeling a little rocky rolly dizzy like I'm still on the boat).

Fast forward to our second half of the day fishing on the shore. No fish of course but Myrtle had a great time in the mud. She looked like a pig rolling in the stye so she was very excited when we got home and I ran a big tub of water for her bath. NOT. Anyway, she is now clean and sound asleep after her full day at the lake. P.s. she did decide to dig up one more tulip to finish off the day this evening so she may be sleeping in the 'dog house' tonight instead at the foot of our bed. Ha, sweet revenge doggy. (not really).

I noticed the Thursday 13 items on Brenda's great blogg and I'm going to have to check it out soon. Looks like fun.

Anyway, to end the day I have to admit that the day was perfect with sunshine, a nice warm breeze and great company to spend it with. Not to mention enjoying my favorite pasttime of fishing which I hardly ever get to do since I got sick. My time with my husband..and yes... even with our little baby...Myrtle.. is precious to me and I can't think of a better way to gift my day to us. Here's sharing it with you too.


Sunny said...

Oh, bad, bad Myrtle "D"! I'm sure when she looked up at you with her big brown eyes you just melted! You know she does that to you!
Glad you enjoyed your fishing expedition.
Love ya,
Your little, big sis.

Jan said...

Looks like a fun time fishing. That was a perfect title to this post. Really cute. Thanks for your encouraging words today.